CL/EN 106 close-reading assignment:
1. Carefully re-read the prologue of the Oedipus Tyrannos by Sophocles (lines 1-90)
2. In a paper, three to four pages in length, double-spaced, answer the following questions:
a. As he is seen in this passage, what is Oedipus like?
b. What details in this passage convey what Oedipus is like?
1. You can organize this paper in whatever way best suits your ideas.
2. Do not include in your paper anything that does not directly address either of the two questions asked.
3. Please include the following statement at the end of your paper:
Any ideas or language that I have gotten from another source have been noted with appropriate bibliographical citations. Any ideas or language not so indicated are my own.
4. Send your paper to email@example.com by 11:59 pm on December 20 at the latest. If you can get it to me earlier, so much the better.